What is idemeum app?
Here at idemeum we are building a private and passwordless identity platform. We offer developers turn key tools to implement login for their web and native apps. Developers can decide what authentication experience to offer their users:
- one-click login experience
- biometric login
- login with idemeum app
idemeum app is a way to authenticate your users using the mobile app that we built. It offers:
- 100% privacy - all identity data is stored on a mobile device. We have zero users' PII in our backend. Users truly own and control their identity.
- Seamless experience - scan the QR code, approve the login with your biometric and you are in. No passwords, no forms, no password managers. 🤩
- Strong security - idemeum app is multi-factor. It users a mobile phone (something you have) and biometrics (something you are) to log users in. And it is built with modern identity protocols such as FIDO2, OIDC, and SAML.
How do I get it?
You can access idemeum mobile app by simply scanning this QR-code with the camera app on your mobile device (iOS or Android).
You will be automatically redirected to an app store to download idemeum app.
If you are reading this from a mobile device, here are direct links to idemeum app.
How do I set it up?
Setting up idemeum is very simple - it will literally take you 5 minutes. As idemeum is decentralized, the onboarding is user-driven. There is nothing you will need except downloading and setting up an application.
Please, note that idemeum app is 100% private. ALL information you upload or input into the app will stay in the app. We will NOT store any of your personal information in our backend.
Let's go through the steps to set it up:
- Download idemeum app and launch it on your mobile device.
- The app will ask you to enable biometrics. This is the key step to generate crypto keys on your mobile device and register your public key with your backend.
- As a next step you will need to add your identity information - your email address, your phone number, and your ID document (i.e. driver's license). idemeum app will verify these pieces of information and will store them on a mobile device. NO information will exist in our backend. The email and phone number will be verified using one-time-code and SMS. You just need to grab the codes and input them into the app.
- To verify drivers license you will need to scan your drivers license in the idemeum app and then do a selfie for liveness detection and to make sure you own that document. The app will guide you through the steps.
- You are now all set with idemeum app.
Where do I use it?
Once you have configured idemeum you can now use it to login into applications that support passwordless login with idemeum.
Here is the instance of Okta that we integrated with idemeum so that you can get a feel for how the login process will work. Click on the link below (works both on desktop and mobile) so that you can use idemeum to log in.
Once you see the QR-code page, scan it with idemeum app, approve the login with biometrics and you are in.
End to end demo video
Here is the end to end demo video for the flow we discussed above.
If you have any questions❓or suggestions, please, reach out to email@example.com